published 17 Feb 2016
in News category with
Just seven days remain until Pink Shirt Day! We’re so excited to join people from all over the world on February 24th, 2016, a day to bring awareness to the vitally important anti-bullying programs that help youth who need it the most. But how can you get involved? Here are some ways you can spread kindness leading up to, and during, the big day:
- Purchase an official Pink Shirt Day t-shirt, button, or lapel pin, with all proceeds going to anti-bullying programming. T-shirts can be found online or at London Drugs, buttons can be found at Brooklyn Clothing, and lapel pins can be found online or at Coast Capital Savings locations.
- Visit one of our amazing supporters who are donating part proceeds to Pink Shirt Day! From Denny’s Canada and Take Five Cafe, to Cadence Vancouver and Metropolis at Metrotown, there are some great campaigns running during the month of February! Find the complete list here.
- Download and print our Pink Shirt Day posters for your workplace or school to make sure your colleagues or classmates are ready to spread kindness and stand up against bullying! You can add your own event details at the bottom.
- Spread kindness online! Our presenting sponsor, Coast Capital Savings, is bringing back #PinkItForward once again. On February 24th, tag a photo of a friend on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, tell the world why they’re special and make sure to use the hashtag #pinkitforward. For every hashtag used, Coast Capital will donate $1 to Pink Shirt Day, up to $45,000!
- Wear pink, and let the world know why you’re showing your support for Pink Shirt Day. This whole movement began with a gesture of kindness, so let’s keep that spirit going. Tag your Pink Shirt selfies with #pinkshirtday online, and share your commitment to be kind to those who most need it.
And remember, wearing pink on Pink Shirt Day isn’t only a way to show your support for the anti-bullying movement, it’s also a promise to spread kindness and respect for the entire year. So let’s do our part to stand up to bullying on Pink Shirt Day and every day!