Categorized | News

February 23, 2011

Mark your calendars for Wednesday, February 23, 2011 when we hold our Fourth Annual Pink Shirt Anti-Bullying Day.

For 2011,  Boys & Girls Clubs across Canada will be participating in Pink Shirt Day and we anticipate adding more partners to make this the biggest anti-bullying awareness day in North America – if not the world!

Stay tuned for more details.

8 Responses to “February 23, 2011”

1. Ian says:

What is the difference between Pink Shirt Day (Feb 23) and International Day of Pink – http://www.dayofpink.org (April 13)?

2. K. says:

We’re celebrating this at my school tomorrow :) One of the principals bought a pink shirt at london drugs for every single adult in the building (that’s a senior school AND a junior school teaching staff, plus all the custodians etc.) and a few more to use as decorations :) I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!!

3. Luanne says:

I know that this will bring awareness to the issue; however I don’t feel that this campaign will solve the problem. I’ve been part of a martial arts program for five years where Bully Proofing is part of our program. This program is for the person who is being bullied and the bully. As you know the weakest one is the bully. We have offered to go to the various local schools, for FREE, to do an anti-bullying seminar for students; however not one school has responded positively. I was bullied as a child in grade six and now I can see the value in a martial arts program. If it was only available then I would not have gone through what I went through. I teach my children Avoid, Defer and Defend (ADD). My daughter was bullied at seven years old. She avoided the person until she couldn’t, she deferred the situation by telling her to “LEAVE ME ALONE” and telling the teachers and shortly after that she defended herself by standing up to the bully. She hasn’t had a problem since. At the end of the day what do you do when the bullying turns violent and you can’t avoid or run from the situation? I’m not saying this is the only way to deal with this, but its a start. When we give our children the confidence and knowledge to deal with various situations and assure that they are not putting themselves into potential situations, then we as doing our part as parents. Hopefully the Pink Shirt Day will bring increased awareness to the bullying issue and not treated as a single day event only to be forgotten next week. Education starts at home and in the school. Please look for the signs that your child is being bullied or if they are a bullier and deal with it. Either way the child is losing out.

4. brenda says:

omg bullying is bad i hate it

5. brenda says:

bullying is like jizing in your pants you cant get it out!!!

6. Daniel says:

Afinal, qual é a historia da Pink T-shirt day?
    Quem criou? Qunado criou? Para que finalidade criou?

7. Roxannea says:

I am going to wear pink due to my friends death due to bullying

8. Lorna says:

Here is one effective way to deal with a bully, If all else fails, and he doesnt stop, Stand up, Punch the bully in the face; he will not bother someone that stands up to him… Get into training of some sort, boxing, karate, Bullys are cowards in disquise and have issues themselves so they take it out on the weaker ones.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks